Mechanical Problems


At our next anchorage at the island of  Doi we went ashore and had a chat
Had  no cell service so google translate did not work so good


but it was a beautiful anchorage






The next day we had an invasion of girls
Which I got a little video of


When we started to leave the next morning my engine raw water pump quit working.  On exam, the impeller was shot.  Normally I would put in a spare but I was using my spare.  As it so happens I
had a senior moment and forgot to open the raw water intake valve when I was doing some work on the engine and destroyed my new impeller about a month ago.  I already had a new one shipped in but it is in Sorong about a 3 day sail from here.  Since there was no wind to sail and our friends on SV Field Trip did not want to abandon us, they took us under tow for about 30 miles to Morotai


While Noelle steered I tried to find out where all the rubber paddles off the impeller went
After about an hour I got the end off the heat exchanger and there they were

Our Australian friends on Esoterica where in Morotai and happen to have a used impeller that fit 
and gave it to me while I wait on my impeller in Sorong to get sent to Morotai!
Field Trip and Esoterica are leaving the next morning so we all went out to dinner.
A street vender had a little corn for an appetizer




Comments

Post a Comment