Diving Surprise

 

Always time for another fun selfie



Beautiful anchorage at Berg Bay.  But its time to leave and we have to go 
through the eerie fog bank on the left.  I think I saw a scene like this 
in a horror movie  once!


made it to another beautiful anchorage.  I laugh at our SE Alaska cruising guide I reference.
It is always stating a certain anchorage is secluded and beautiful
That is somewhat redundant as they all are!! almost


Noticed the water temp was up to a balmy 65 so decided it was a good time to go snorkeling
I have been wanting to check out my centerboard as we thought we might have hit something
mid Pacific and I have not been able to raise it.

The water visibility was quite poor but to my surprise I did not have a centerboard!!

Fortunately the centerboard is just a performance issue and its loss does

not endanger the vessel.  Another repair to add to the long list!

Comments

  1. i would have thought a loss of the centreboard would have made a noticeable difference in the sailing capabilities of the yacht (eg pointing).
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were sailing downwind the rest of the way to Kodiak so wasn't a problem then. Most of Alaska was motoring. There was a couple of times I was sailing to the wind and was confused I wasn't doing better. Now I know why

      Delete
  2. Hello, I'm Pierre-Jérôme / Allures Yachting communications.
    Vincent, (new) head of Grand Large Services Manche, will contact you to help provide a relevant technical solution in order to treat this issue! Would you have an e-mail so that he could join you as soon as possible? Thanks, Best regards, Pierre-Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Vincent has already contacted me and is working on it. Gary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment