Centerboard

      Baja Naval marina was able to get Illimite' hauled soon after the board arrived

     First, had to power wash off the growth that comes from just sitting around waiting


After the bottom was cleaned could see where the centerboard was banging on the hull 
after it broke off and was dangling on its control lines
Glad I wasn't in a fiberglass boat!




The short segment of board that remained did not want to come out
I had to remove the inside inspection plate and use a 4 by 4 to "gently"
coax it out after at least 2 hours of beating on it
(A technique I learned back as a kid on the farm)


The remains of the old board compared to the new one


The new Centerboard, it hangs straight down when it has room


Thought all was good then I noticed that the starboard rudder had damage.  Possibly from the same incident that broke off the centerboard.  But Baja Naval quickly did a little fiberglass work


Finally after being in Ensenada for over 2 months I'm ready to head south.  Told Noelle that 
I needed to get a little señorita for crew but she said no!

Who can argue with a girl with a sword.  So I guess I'm doing a solo
passage to La Paz











Comments