Busy in Hilo

 The day after arrival in Hilo we met a friend of Noelle's, Derrick, who was kind

enough to accept delivery of several boxes of parts for Illimite'.   He not only brought

enough boxes to fill the dinghy but also gave us a care package of fruit and deer meat!

Which was already marinating and was delicious!


The largest box was a new lazy bag for the main sail
It was originally delivered to me in San Diego but was made too big.
The revision kept getting delayed, Covid of course , so 5 months later I get it
After a few hours of work it is on and fits well!


Another problem that developed on the passage to Hawaii as the mast top 
navigation and anchor lights quit working.  So made a few trips
up the mast to work on it.  Noelle is going to bring a new light with her
Of course they don't make my model anymore so I'll be drilling new holes up there
and fitting a new bracket


At least from up there I get a nice view of our Hilo anchorage


Can also check out my new solar panel that I got in San Diego.   I put it out on the
Bimini when I'll be at anchor for a few days.  It increases my solar output by over 50%
and solar now more than covers our electricity needs.
When the sun is shining of course


Have been basically working since arrival trying to get all projects
done before Noelle arrives.  Mike and I spent almost a whole day
running cables for Noelle's birthday present.  She has been wanting a cell
signal booster for better web surfing when we are "almost" off the grid


Excited that Noelle is on her way!!!








Comments

  1. ah Gary - Hilo -where it all started those years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, I think I'm anchored about were Mahina Tiare was

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment