A Day in Alaska

The day started off watching a grizzly bear check out an old house by our boat


Then a relaxing soak in the hot springs hot tub 
with a nice view of the waterfall before heading out


We had a rather short trip to the next bay and about 
halfway there we caught a nice Coho Salmon
While I was holding it up we had a whale surface just out of the photo


After eating fresh salmon for lunch
We went on to our anchorage and I put my handline in the water
We went ashore for a nice hike and watched a seal tear a fish apart


When we got back I pulled in the hand line and had a 40 pound halibut
While dressing it at the back of the boat I kept an eye on an Orca
He cruised back and forth a ways off, thought maybe I looked tasty


Then it was time to sit back and enjoy a rum and coke and 
check out an awesome rainbow


No wonder people love Alaska











Comments

  1. What a great post! Now we really want to go to Alaska. It is a long way from the Med, but hopefully we will find our way there . -Michael, SV Gerty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure you will and it will be worth it !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment