Florida Keys

 After leaving Key West we stopped at Looe Key 

and did some snorkeling and diving


The reef there was in pretty sad shape compared to when I used to dive there
decades ago.  But still had quite a few sharks which is probably a good sign


We then tied up at a friends dock in Marathon.
We were planning on staying about 2 days but had 20-25 knot winds
from the east so ended up staying almost a week!
To get to their dock we had to twist and turn up canals for over a mile
Can't get much more protected than that


Then headed on up north east
Beautiful sunrise over the Florida Keys


I lucked out and got to practice removing line off the propeller 
like I'm sure we will have to do in Maine with all the lobster traps
I leave the transmission in reverse while sailing but still caught some line
Didn't notice it until we turned the engine on
( I'll probably wear a wet suit in Maine though)
(and I am sort of joking about the lucked out part, got plenty of practice in SE Asia)


Miami. !!
Almost made it to our dock in Fort Lauderdale













Comments