Florida

 The passage to our dock in Fort Lauderdale was very stressful

We had to go through 5 lifting bridges

and then navigate a rather narrow canal


Finally made it to a nice dock at a friend of Noelle's house


Our short stay in Florida was extremely busy

We had so many projects that involved sewing I bought a Sailrite sewing machine

The first project was oversewing my hand stiching on the cover for our air compressor


After learning a few things went for the major project
Replacing a broken zipper in the main sail cover


Once that was done I did a somewhat more technical 
project with replacing the rotten bag for my life ring
Using old sunbrella and left over zipper


I figure that I have almost paid for the sewing machine in 
our first week of owning it!
That is if you figure nothing for my labour which is not worth too much any more!

Will hang out for another couple weeks replacing a freezer, new lines, cabin fans
dinghy and myriad other projects
Then off to Norfok to visit Sarah by the end of the month








Comments