San Juan Islands

 Upon entering the US we went straight to Roche Harbour on San Juan Island.

Yachts were everywhere as well as designer dogs.  Welcome to America!

We were fortunate that John and Amanda Neal of Mahina Tiare Expeditions 

were between expeditions and home.  I spent 3 weeks with them

 crossing the Pacific back in 2014 and it was fun catching up.  

They took us on an awesome hike and picnic! I always learn

a lot from talking to John.  I am not sure if anyone in the world has as much sailing experience.

(other than possibly Amanda of course!)

An inside shot showing off Illimite's interior 


We are both sporting our new Illimite' logo t-shirts
Illimite' is docked in the continental US for the first time in almost 4 years!


The anchorages in the San Juan Islands are nice, but a 
little crowded compared to Alaska and British Columbia



Now off to Seattle to work on an extensive repair list and visit some friends
I may new to start a go fund me site before I leave!!


Comments

Post a Comment